tisdag 22 maj 2012

Another Coney Island

I just bought another Coney Island. And compared with this one my first was in almost excellent condition, well, almost, at least… The good thing with this one is that it still has its CPU and SDU, and even better, some wise guy removed the battery before putting the game in storage. The CPU looks almost like brand new. I haven’t powered it up yet, so I do not know if the ROM IC’s are in working order or not. Other Game Plan CPU’s I have been working on had all faulty ROM’s and had to be rebuilt for EPROM’s. But before I can test the boards I have to assemble the first playfield, I do not want to run the boards against this one. There are also a lot of other useful parts in this game which will be handy to have when assembling the other playfield.

 

The cabinet of this game are really ugly. At some point in time someone has clear coated it and it have become yellowish by the age. It is dented, scratched and pieces of wood are missing. But it is a good candidate for a first try of repainting. Which means that I can keep the old cabinet’s original painting as it is. It’s just like have one's cake and eat it too.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar