torsdag 13 december 2012

Bally Doctor who




This machine came in with two problems, intermittent reboot and the time expander tilts a little bit to the right when it reaches the top position. For the reboot problem I have changed the BR2, C5 and C4. The bridge had already been changed once before and there was a damaged foil connecting the AC to the zero cross detector, the foil was repaired but it didn’t look too nice. I changed the bridge again just to make sure and made a new repair of the foil. But I think the main cause for the reboot problem was the AC connector, J101. I played the game for a couple of days after these repairs and had no reboots at all, so it seems like the first issue is sorted.
The second problem is a bit more troublesome. I have looked at some videos of Dr who at youtube and at several of them the time expander also tilts a bit to the right. So it is either a common fault or a mistake in the design. I need to take out the unit from the playfield to see what’s causing it to tilt.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar