söndag 7 juni 2015

Theatre of magic

The coin door has been completely disassembled and all parts cleaned before reassembling and the cut wiring for the coin switches has been repaired.







 
The front of the cabinet had holes drilled for a lock bar which I covered with carriage bolts. Originally I painted all of them in gold but it didn’t look right to have gold bolts in the lower holes so I repainted those in flat black. The proper color to use would be octarine but I haven't found a spray can of that color. 


Once I had the trunk motor back in the playfield I noticed that it had some problems to rotate the trunk properly. It actually got the trunk to rotate but the motor had to run a bit longer than normal and it gave trunk error in test mode. This was caused by the drive shaft slipping against the drive gear inside the gear box. Luckily it is an easy fix, just tighten the screws holding the shaft to the gear. But I had to take the trunk mechanism out of the playfield and disassemble it again to get my hands on the gearbox.

 
This is the left curtain for the back board and it was quite bent when I took it out of the playfield. I have had it under pressure for a couple of weeks to straight it out. The paint has been worn out just where the lamps at the back board are, causing them to shine through in white. I replaced the five backboard lamps with red LED’s to get the right color of the light.


The trunk is in quite bad shape. The front is cracked and it is just a matter of time until the lower part falls of.

This is the current state of the game. All playfield parts has been cleaned and polished before reassembling. I have played a couple of games but there are still some things to do before it is finished.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar