tisdag 7 april 2015

Star trek, the next generation


The upper playfield is now almost ready, it’s just the canons and the apron that’s missing. The apron has to wait until I have had the ball trough out of the playfield for cleaning and the canons are still a work in progress at the workbench.
 
Everything that can be taken apart have been taken apart for cleaning and polishing and all metal parts and guides have either been polished or cleaned by the glass bead blaster.
 






 
 
 
 
This LED did annoy me quite a lot while playing the game before disassembly. It shone between the targets and right in the face. I’ve shaded it by a piece of shrink tubing. I’ll see what it looks like when playing later on, maybe I need to make another kind of light shield for the LED.


I have inspected the soldering at the different parts and found this at the backside of a lamp board. It is not shorted yet but it is close and the cable strand is now removed.


The canons are still at the work bench. One canon had a cable replaced and I have seen balls loaded but not detected a couple of times which can be due to problems with other cables in the cable loom. I have made new cable looms for both canons to make sure broken wires isn’t causing problems.


The canon housings is quite worn. One of the red light filters was loose and there are some cracks, but it’s not bad enough for having them replaced. Since one of the light filters was loose I thought I should upgrade them to have a red light domes instead, I think it looks much better.


There was LED’s inside the canons but even though it is wide angle LED’s they do not spread the light enough to light up through the filter. I took the LED apart and remounted it in 90 degrees to get it to shine the right way.



What’s left to do is cleaning, polishing, reassembly and connecting the new wire looms, then they will be back at the playfield again.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar