söndag 20 juli 2014

Skateball

I have completed to cabinet during the day. It’s vacuumed and cleaned inside and out trying to make it look as good as possible. The lose wires for the lost knocker is insulated since I’m not yet sure if I will be able to find a replacement or not. The front had two holes and ugly wear from an extra coin door lock. I painted over the wear and covered the holes with carriage bolts. It’s not a perfect color match but the photo flash makes it look worse than it looks in reality.

 
There was also a really ugly cash box protector that I removed. It was partly covering the mains switch and it’s not needed at a home use game. I’m quite sure the owner will use the key to open the door instead of breaking in through the bottom of the cabinet. The protector left two holes at each side which are now covered by carriage bolts.
 
 
The lock down bar receiver was rusty and dirty. It’s now cleaned and polished. It’s not perfect but much better than it was before.
 
 
 
I cleaned the oil of the ball shooter and its components, it was almost like glue and it does now work fine again. I also gave it a new barrel spring to add some bling, the old one was in quite bad condition.
 

The coin door and door frame was disassembled cleaned, polished and reassembled. There were some wires insulated with tape that was about to fall off. These are now properly insulated with shrink tubing.





The right front leg was missing a bolt and I suspected the threads being bad in the bracket inside the cabinet. But instead I found that half of the bolt was still there. Someone had used brute force to unscrew the bolt, but it was locked with an extra nut inside and the bolt broke. I just unscrewed it from the bracket and the threads were fine so I put the bracket back in to the cabinet. But the game did now have four different leg bolts in the front, so I changed also the other three.

 
The playfield is temporarily back in the cabinet for a first cleaning and reattaching of the bumper bodies. I will have to take it out again to rebuild the under side of the bumpers and put back the flippers.
 
 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar