tisdag 22 juli 2014

Skateball

All parts for the playfield have been cleaned and polished and the playfield are reassembled again. I tried the switch matrix in test mode once I had playfield connected to the CPU and the scoring problem I had during my first test was probably due to the outhole switch, it was stuck together. Once that was fixed the test showed the upper roll over star as continuously closed. This time it wasn’t the switch but instead a capacitor connected in parallel with the switch. It measured almost 20 M ohm but that was enough to confuse the switch matrix. Once the capacitor was changed all switches worked ok. Next problem was the outhole kicker, it didn’t manage to kick the ball out to the shooter lane. The cause of this was wrong type of coil, it had a flipper coil instead of a 26-1200. Once the coil was changed the ball was properly served to the shooter.

 
 
I found a new trick to flatten out warped plastics at the net. Clamping the plastics between two sheets of glass and let the sun heat up the sandwich. It’s a safer way than using the oven or a heat gun. I left the plastics for three days and one of them was warped about 12mm from the beginning and it ended up about 4 mm warped in the end and the other one was more or less flat when it came out, I just hope they will stay in this shape.

 
There is still some job to do. I’m missing the upper left mini flipper, right now I do only have the shaft installed. Else I would fry the coil when testing the game since the end of stroke switch wouldn’t be actuated. I have found a knocker on the net, I have order it and are waiting for it to be delivered. And then the most important thing, replacing the backup accumulator with an external battery, to make sure there are no more battery leakage causing problems at the CPU board.
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar