torsdag 6 oktober 2011

Spinner and drop targets

I don’t have any before pictures of the spinner, except for what can be seen at the before picture of the playfield at my first post. I sanded it down to the bare metal, primed it and sprayed it white. Then I made stickers for the spinner and also for the drop targets. I made the design in paint.net and printed it at a color laser. I then laminated the printout in a self-adhesive laminating pouch and cut out the stickers. I’m not sure how these stickers will last, the glue seems to be quite strong but maybe the paper between the front and back plastic from the laminating pouch will give up. To try to seal it in I sprayed the spinner with clear coat, but I didn’t do that to the drop targets to see if it made any change. The drop target stickers got a thin white line from the paper round the edges, I pained the edges red using a cotton swab.




 There were just three drop targets left in the game when I got it, two of them was original. I tried to find new replacements but quite quick I found out that they are no longer available. Instead I ordered the DataEast targets. They are a bit longer and the target is a bit wider. Since they are longer I need to put some spacers between the playfield and drop target mech when assembling the playfield. I didn’t find any red Data East targets, so I sprayed them red before attaching the stickers.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar