fredag 28 oktober 2011

Playfield overhaul

The damaged cables are now repaired. It wasn’t as bad as I first thought, there were just six cables to fix.
I have now also started to disassemble the playfield for cleaning and changing rubbers and lamps.
And while the ramps and other parts are removed from the playfield it’s possible to turn it upside down without damaging any playfield parts.
This gives great access to clean out the inserts and checking nuts and bolts to make sure everything is as it should. When turning the playfield upside down two metal posts fell right of. I found one stray nut when cleaning out the cabinet but since two posts fell off there must be at least one more nut somewhere, I’ll try to find it to make sure it doesn’t cause any problems. I also checked the shark flipper that didn’t work, the coil measures OK and the cabling is OK to the connector that attach to cable loom in the cabinet. Most likely the problem is at the flipper board located in the cabinet. Hopefully just a bad soldering or faulty fuse holder, I’ll have a look at this later on. Almost all controlled lamps at the playfield needs to be replaced. It looks like they are chrome plated at the inside and they doesn’t burn as bright as they should. This chrome plating effect is something that happens if a lamp isn’t supplied with the rated voltage and since the lamps in a pinball is run in a matrix, switched with a higher voltage, this is expected to happen.



There are still some parts left at the playfield that needs to be removed before cleaning, but this is enough to be able to turn it upside down. I do also wait for some spare parts for the playfield and there isn't much I can do there until I got those. So I'll focus at the underside for the moment. At the picture of the parts you can see how dirty the ramps are. The micro switch at the top of the ramp in the midle of the picture is broken and must be replaced.


I need to get the red return lane from the beach house out of the playfield to clean it at the inside. It’s full of dirt and if not cleaned the dirt will soon be brought back up to the playfield by the balls.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar