söndag 12 januari 2014

And then there was light

Just a short note to say that the G.I. connectors at the driver board have been changed and G.I. is now working as it should. While taking out the driver board I found another connector that needed attention, J106 was soldered directly to the male connector. I gave it a new set of connectors to be able to take the board out without soldering.
 
 I also found a problem with the speaker cables. At some point in time they have been cut off. Probably to get the display panel out of the game, without the effort of disentangle the speaker cable all the way up to the connector. It was reconnected and insulated with tape, but tape ages and now one of the cables was uninsulated and could have been shorted in to anything at the driver board, probably causing major problems. I reinsulated the cables with shrink tubing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar