tisdag 7 januari 2014

Missing G.I.


I was planning to start the disassembly of the playfield today to prepare it for cleaning and change of rubbers. But before I started I found another problem, the lower half of the playfield is missing the G.I. I hadn’t noticed this before and I do not think the owner had either. I had a look at the fault and the cause is a fried connector at the power driver board. Both the male and female connectors have to be changed. Also the connector above seems to have been a bit hot, so I will change that one as well to make sure it does not cause any problems. Unfortunately I’m out of 11 pin females for the moment so I have to order a couple before I can fix it.
 
This was the first time I opened up the backbox and I found a surprise in it, check the upper left fuse, F108, at the picture below. Somebody didn't have a spare fuse and instead shorted it by a wire. Never ever do anything like this, the fuses are there for a reason and should always be replaced with a fuse of the proper amperage.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar