söndag 27 april 2014

Pin-bot



I have spent the day disassembling the playfield to prepare it for cleaning and polish. It has  a mylar sheet protecting it for wear so the paint is in good nick. The sad thing is that the mylar has bubbles by some of the inserts, which is a bit tricky to sort out.  One option is to remove the mylar completely and clear coat the playfield. This is a lot of job since the playfield has to be completely stripped from all parts on both sides. This mylar also seems to be mounted at the factory and if the paint wasn’t completely cured when it was done then I will probably have paint following the mylar when removing it leaving me with a lot of touch up job. Another option I have read about is to make a small hole in the mylar and drip in clear lacquer to glue the mylar down again. Maybe it would work but it might cause problems in case someone would like to remove the mylar in the future. I will leave it as it is for now, leaving both options open.

 
 The lock down bar receiver was incredibly dirty, I have cleaned and polished it the best I could do. It’s not 100% but much better than before. I have also gone through the ball shooter. All parts cleaned and polished, new sleeve for the shooter rod and a new barrel spring on the outside.
 
 
 This is the current state of the playfield. There are still some parts to remove and then a lot of cleaning to do.
 
 

 

 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar