lördag 3 maj 2014

Pin-bot

Today I have cleaned the cabinet inside and out. Earlier when I cleaned the lock down bar receiver it was very dirty and kind of sticky and the dirt and stickiness continued inside the cabinet down to the area for the coin box. Somebody have probably spilled Coca Cola at the play fields glass and it poured under the lock down bar in to the cabinet. I couldn’t get it all of since it is impregnated in to the wood, but I did the best I could. The Coke was even in the coin door connector, it was like glued together and was almost impossible to disconnect.

 

The inside is now as clean as I can get it and I have also mounted the new leg brackets at the rear end. But the remaining two brackets were also bad and need to be changed as well. Also the leg bolts are scrap with really bad threads. I do not even want to try them in the new leg brackets since they probably will damage the new threads. I need eight new bolts and two leg brackets more. The legs are also an interesting story. When I got the game it was just recently bought by the current owner and one of the problems with the game was slow ball action, even though the leg levelers at the rear was winded out as much as possible. It turned out that the rear legs are about 5 cm shorter than the front legs, so there is no way to get the proper inclination of the playfield. The legs at the game are black but I’m quite sure the original legs were chrome. I had a set of chrome legs at the workshop which I use when I receive a game without legs for repair. They were not in perfect condition, a bit rusty and dull. But after a trip in to the glass bead blaster and some polishing they got quite decent. I’ll trade those for the black legs, length and color doesn’t matter for me when repairing a machine.


 
 This machine seems to have lived a quite hard life and the front of the cabined had a lot of scars from the battles. I couldn’t resist trying to touch it up a bit, the first intention wasn’t to take it this far, but once I had started I couldn’t stop… A closer inspection will reveal that it isn’t a proper repaint job since I haven’t filled in the dents and instead just added the missing paint to make it look a bit better. 




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar